The Point

1

Written on 6:02 AM by Sarah

I'm not a rambler. I'm not a gossiper. I just tell people exactly what I need and when. The problem at work, well, at any place I've ever worked, is that most people do not speak this way. In fact, when I talk this way to coworkers and customers they most often assume I am "blowing them off" when this isn't the case.

The problem here is that I like to use my time wisely. I like to be efficient. In the time it takes you to tell me about every woe and trouble you have experienced since your printer went down, I could have fixed it.

Ladies. Gentlemen. Get to the point.

Look, it's not that I don't care. It's not even that I don't want to help you. I just want to help more people today than just you. In fact, the reason you are telling me about evry little problem is because you want to expedite the help. You want me to know how "urgent" the job is needed. The fact is it doesn't matter. I will help you in the same speed no matter what. I treat all people as emergencies, afterall, who am I to judge what's important to you?

So, just tell me what is wrong and that's it. You need to get an invoice corrected? Tell me that. You need to order more toner? Tell me that. I DO NOT need to know about what day you recieved the bill or how many children are suffering because you couldn't copy the coloring pages for them this morning.

Seriously. The point. Get to it.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. SSQuo |

    OK, where did you work, just so I have context.

     

Post a Comment