Dream Job

1

Written on 7:21 AM by Sarah

I have this vague misconception about my ideal job. It's not a specific occupation nor even a specfic genre. I just know I want to be in control of my own future. I want to, essentially, become my own boss and make my own choices. I know what's required for good customer service and what's required to make money rather than losing it. I can be frugal or generous whichever the situation calls for. I know how to dress up and present myself and I know when to kick back and relax with coworkers. I can make people who hate one another work together and I can make any task fun for anyone just by how it's presented.

Perhaps my plan of going into teaching isn't too far off from what I want in my life. But, to be honest, one of the main reasons I chose education over art or animation or writing or one of the many paths I've pursued...

I want the paid vacation time. I want my summers free to spend time with my imaginary future-family.

Yes, it's true that I love working with kids because the older sister in me is still there. And, yes, it's true that I love reading and writing and inspiring that same love in others. But I think teaching will be ideal for my other future plans as well.

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Don |

    After working many jobs (and a couple of careers), I found my way into teaching. And you are right, the paid vacations are great. (Just got back from Spring Break.)

    Also, all the background, real-world experience, can help you create a learning zone that includes reading, writing, arithmetic, and life.

    Go get 'em!

    (I suggest an internship... then you get paid while you're learning. That's what I did.)

    Don

     

Post a Comment